Bridal Accessories

After buying my dress, I decided I would like accessories that also had a touch of Swarovski Crystal on them. The first accessory I bought was the veil. I tried on several veils with my dress and decided I'd like a single tier one that was just below my waist with scattered crystals. Unfortunately I had a really hard time finding this type of veil in London! I was actually quite surprised at how expensive veils were as well, even for a simple waist length single tier veil it was £200!

So, being an IT geek, I naturally went online and found a real gem of a website for veils - The Wedding Veil Shop. They are manufacturers of veils so their prices are really cheap, and they have a step by step process for ordering a custom made veil that is quick and easy. There is also loads of information on there about all the different options for veils - gathering on the comb, veil lengths, different materials, different edging options and lots more. They also will send you swatch samples of the different colours they have available for free, which was really useful.

I ordered a one layer waist length veil in diamond white with a pencil edge and clear Swarovski crystals scattered on it, 72 inches wide with centre gathering on the comb - for £40, what a bargain!!! And I was really happy with the veil when it arrived, it was exactly what I wanted and just gorgeous! I'm going to wear it relatively low on the top of my head, so you can just see the top of the veil and not have a big poufy thing perching on my crown. Here's a pic of me wearing the veil:


Next I decided on hair style - hair down, parted on one side, long loose curls with a crystal hair comb pulling back one side of my hair off my face. I again did more internet searching and found another great website for bridal accessories, Olivier Laudus. I ordered the Blossom hair comb from them, it is unusual in that it has huge Swarovski crystals in the petals of the flower:

Unfortunately they somehow forgot my order and I had to email them 6 weeks later asking where my hair comb was, but they popped it in the post straight away and I got it a few days later.

So here's a picture of me with the hair comb in my hair at my hair and make up trial:

Later on I realised I'd need a handbag on the day to hold the mini make up kit my make up artist was giving me for touch ups, and for tissues in case of tears, so I ordered again from Olivier Laudus (without any problems this time). I got the Angelique bag:

I think all these accessories go really nicely with my Martina Liana dress and Jimmy Choo shoes and I can't wait to see how it all looks put together!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Charmayne is a professional I.T. Analyst and Cake Maker. She is engaged to a fellow I.T. professional and their wedding date is 13 March 2010. In this blog she outlines the trials and tribulations of planning "The Best Day Of Your Life".