Twas the Night Before My Wedding...

So here it is, the night before my wedding... I'M GETTING MARRIED TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

We've been planning this wedding for a year and three months and it honestly felt like it would never get here. Now suddenly I only have one more sleep to go!

We had the rehearsal this afternoon and I felt very emotional. The ceremony is being performed by Nick's dad who is the Bishop of Otaga in New Zealand. He took us through the entire ceremony, saying everything he was going to say and having us do all the motions. I nearly cried but just managed to hold it together.

Not so for the rehearsal dinner afterwards! Nick and I got up after the meal to thank our families and the bridal party, and when it was my turn I managed one sentence then burst into tears. Very embarrassing! I was just so overcome with emotion and couldn't contain it.

It was a lovely night though, and some really heartfelt and lovely things were said by Nick, his father, and my father. I bawled again when my Dad spoke. I am really worried about crying like a baby (and ruining my make-up!) during the ceremony tomorrow.

But I THINK that I am over the emotional, nervous/scared/tense bit now and am just really excited!!!

I am staying at the Turtle Bay Resort tonight with my maid of honour Seema. Nick is staying with his family at their holiday rental about 20 minutes away. I can't believe the next time I see him I'll be walking down the aisle to become his wife!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Charmayne is a professional I.T. Analyst and Cake Maker. She is engaged to a fellow I.T. professional and their wedding date is 13 March 2010. In this blog she outlines the trials and tribulations of planning "The Best Day Of Your Life".