Wedding Rings

Our wedding rings were made for us by a jeweller in Hong Kong, who did it for half the price it would have cost us in London. Nick's ring was relatively easy to choose, he wanted a fairly wide court band in platinum. We went to Hatton Garden and H. Samuel's and Tiffany's and he tried on various wedding bands. We ended up choosing the Tiffany Lucida design but with a 5.5mm width.

When we had been shopping for engagement rings, one of the things that had really sold me on the ring I chose was the way it looked when worn with a diamond wedding band, so I knew that was what I wanted. However we found that diamond eternity bands that were the same width as my engagement ring made the large central diamond on the engagement ring all but disappear! So I opted for a wedding band that was reasonably thinner than my engagement ring to make sure the "show piece" diamond still took centre stage.


I had hoped for a wedding band that exactly matched the setting of my engagement ring, but as the jeweller was in Hong Kong and we were in London, we were trying to explain exactly what we wanted through emails and pictures. So it didn't turn out to be set in exactly the same way as my engagement ring. I'd looked around for eternity bands that had the exact same claw settings as my engagement ring and never found any, I think it must be quite an unusual design. It still looks okay with my engagement ring though, the differences aren't all that noticeable.

We also got our names engraved on the insides of our rings and it looks great! Here are our two rings together (the weird dark spot you can see on Nick's ring is my camera reflected in the metal!):

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Charmayne is a professional I.T. Analyst and Cake Maker. She is engaged to a fellow I.T. professional and their wedding date is 13 March 2010. In this blog she outlines the trials and tribulations of planning "The Best Day Of Your Life".