Heels sinking into grass

My beautiful, handmade, one-of-a-kind Jimmy Choo Couture wedding shoes have ivory coloured satin covering the heels. This poses something of a problem for me walking down the aisle (or anywhere during our wedding and reception) as our wedding is completely outdoors on the grass! I really don't want green grass stains on my shoes from the heels sinking into the grass.

A friend of mine, Kylie, told me about these little plastic gadgets you put on the heels of your stilettos to stop them sinking into the grass. After a little bit of Google-ing, I came across several different products made especially for this purpose. I ordered a pair of the ones Kylie had used, Cleen Heels:


They're kind of ugly, but I figured that no one would see them under my dress, they should only see the font of my shoes as I walk. HOWEVER, after they arrived, when I tried them on my shoes, they didn't fit! The base of the heel on my shoes is 1.8mm, and these only go up to a size medium which fits a heel width of 1.4mm!

So I tried some other products - Sole Mates: 

Again they didn't fit. 

Ideal Heel: 

Once again, didn't fit. 

So now I am thinking that what I will do is FORCE the Cleen Heels onto my heel, they are a flexible rubber so should have a little give, and they came the closest to fitting. They also look like they will do the job a bit better than the other products as they have such a wide base under the heel. It will be a very tight fit, but hopefully it will be okay? Keeping my fingers crossed they don't snap as I walk down the aisle!

1 comments:

Charmayne Woo said...

An update - the Clean Heels worked beautifully on the big day, I highly recommend them!

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Charmayne is a professional I.T. Analyst and Cake Maker. She is engaged to a fellow I.T. professional and their wedding date is 13 March 2010. In this blog she outlines the trials and tribulations of planning "The Best Day Of Your Life".